Spartan+ Ticket Protection is a benefit of Spartan+ membership that lets members commit to events with full confidence. There are some things in this world that even Spartan grit and determination can’t overcome so we have created a program that means our members will not be stuck with a useless ticket to a cancelled event.
As a Spartan+ member if your event gets cancelled or moved by Spartan, you may request a full refund of tickets, add ons, and fees. It’s that simple.
(Not a member? Join Spartan+ to get Ticket Protection instantly. Join here. )
What is it and what is covered?
- If we cancel the event without a reschedule date we refund purchases. No action necessary.
- If we cancel the event and have rescheduled it, members may request a refund.
- Valid only for Spartan event cancellations, not for any other participant reason such as injury or illness.
- Covid-related Spartan event cancellations are covered.
- Date change due to venue issues is covered and members may request a refund.
- Change of announced venue is covered. Venue announcement change from “TBD” to a specific venue is not covered.
- Local Vaccine requirements that prevent a racer from attending an event are not covered as this is out of the control of Spartan.
- Included with Spartan+ annual, monthly, and memberships attached to Trifecta or Season passes.
- Must be a member on the date of the cancellation announcement to receive a refund.
- Full price purchasers will get their money back
- Ticket add-ons (parking, iTab, etc.) are refunded
- Ticket processing fees are refunded
- Season or Trifecta Pass purchasers will get their transaction fees back (~$25)
- Trifecta Pass purchaser’s codes will get reactivated and can be used to book another event of the same distance.
- Ticket purchaser gets the refund. If you are Spartan+ and someone purchased a ticket for you, it’s not covered.
- If a member purchases multiple tickets then all tickets purchased are covered.
- Transfers to an event that gets cancelled are covered. No refund of transfer fee ($35).
- If your heat does not run due to extreme weather or day-of cancellation by Spartan, members can be refunded. If your heat starts but does not complete due to extreme weather, you can be refunded. Racer must request a refund in their account.
- Groupon purchases are not paid to or refunded by Spartan. However, tickets purchased with a Groupon voucher will have fees and add-ons refunded. Refunds on the Groupon voucher can be requested by contacting Groupon directly.
- Volunteers will have their codes be reactivated to be used at a future race.
- Ticket Protection is not retroactive for events that have been rescheduled before 11/15/2021
How to use it
- Log into your Spartan account (Here's how!)
- On the EVENTS tab, find the event that has been rescheduled in your list of upcoming events
- Look for the section called Spartan+ Ticket Protection
- Read this section for the new date and or location of the event.
- If you can still attend the event with the new date and/or time, no action is necessary.
- If you cannot attend the new event click the Ticket Refund button
- Select the ticket(s) you purchased for which you would like a refund
- Confirm your selection. Caution, you cannot undo a refund request once it’s been submitted.
- You will receive an email confirming your refund request, and a confirmation when your refund has been processed.
- Members will have until 60 days after the eligible event to request a refund.
Read all the legal details of the full Spartan+ Ticket Protection policy here.
Not a member? Join Spartan+ to get Ticket Protection instantly. Join here.