So you have decided to run with the best of the best, and join the Competitive Heat:
We're excited to see you stepping up your Spartan game. However, there are some things you need to know:
- You MUST arrive and race on time for your heat. If you show up late or race at a different time, you will be disqualified from the heat.
- You will be provided a RED Spartan Headband (with your bib number on it) to differentiate you from the non-competitive Open heat racers. Wear your headband, with the numbers facing forward at all times.
- You also agree to receive no outside help on obstacles — providing aid such as food or drink, or medical help outside of getting medical advice. If you do, you will be DQ'ed from the event. However, you will be allowed to finish the event (if you are medically cleared) and get your medal and shirt.
- You may be filmed at multiple obstacles for review of obstacle completion.
- Any competitor must complete penalty loop or burpees if they fail obstacle.
- All timing concerns for the podium must be disputed no more than 15 minutes prior to the award ceremony.
- It is up to you to count the burpees (if applicable). It is not the job of the course monitors.
- It's your responsibility to read and understand the Spartan Rulebook. Rulebook can change during the year and this FAQ may not be updated in same time as Rulebook.
Please Note: If you are disqualified for any reason, you will not receive a finish time and will not be moved to the open heat. No refunds or credits to a future event or collateral will be given. Disqualified races will not count toward your Trifecta or point series ranking.