Spartan Loves Spectators!
In This Article:
What is the cost to be a Spectator?
- Most USA venues will require Spectators to purchase a pass to gain entry to the venue. Typically, the fee is $20 not including processing if purchased online prior to the event.
- Please note online registration closes at 5 pm Eastern Time on Friday prior to the race.
- The fee is $25 not including processing when purchased on race day.
- Kids 13 and under are free. There is no spectator age limit.
What do I get as a Spectator?
- You will receive a discount coupon code when you check in on race day redeemable at the merchandise tent.
- Additionally, you will have viewing access to many obstacles as well as the start and finish line to cheer on your racer.
- Spectators will have access to our awesome vendor tents, and hot food will be for sale on the grounds.
- Enjoy music while watching your friends and loved ones slip and slide through the Spartan course from the Spartan festival grounds.
- Raffles, entertainment, spectator challenges, free muddy hugs from Spartan athletes, and all the other spectator perks make spectating all worthwhile. The next ticket you will want to buy will be a race entry!
Am I allowed on the race course?
As for roaming the course or watching each obstacle, each course will have different restrictions. On some ski mountains, you can take a ski lift to the top where there will be obstacles to watch. At ALL events, the festival area is situated within sight of at least 6 obstacles as well as the start and finish line where you can catch your family and friends conquering the course.
Do I need a Spectator Pass if my child is racing the Kid's event?
Each Kids Race registration includes two free Spectator Passes per FAMILY.
If you have one child registered, you'll get two free passes. If you have two children registered, you'll still only receive two free passes.
There is no need to register these spectators online ahead of time — just show up with your mini-Spartans and check in with them at the Kids Race registration line where you will receive your two Spectator Passes.
What can I bring to the event with me?
You'll want to check the Athlete Guide and/or Event Page for your specific event for any special guidelines on what you may/may not bring into an event. However, as a general rule, outside food and drinks, coolers, and tents are not allowed. You are welcome to bring folding chairs, backpacks, etc.
How do I purchase a Spectator Pass online?
- Go to the race event page and click the "Register" button for the Spectator Pass.
- Log into your Spartan Tickets account or continue as a guest.
- Enter the name of the spectator who will be using the pass.
- You can add additional passes under the "Order Details" with the numeric drop-down menu. If you are purchasing multiple passes, you can put them all under one name/email.
- Review your purchase and complete the purchase by entering your CC information.
You may print your receipt and bring it with you to the Spectator Tent on race day to pick up your passes. No physical passes will be emailed or distributed to you.
Please note: online Spectator Pass registration closes at 5 pm Eastern Time on the Friday prior to the race. After this time, passes are only available in person on race day for $25 not including processing fees.