We want everyone to have the chance to run a Spartan race, so we periodically release entry vouchers on third-party sites like Groupon.
Your Groupon voucher is only valid for the race and date you purchased the Groupon.
Your unused Groupon voucher expires on the date listed on the voucher, on the date of the specific event listed on the voucher, or once redeemed for a race and can not be transferred or deferred to another applicable event.
Your Groupon expires on the date of the race and cannot be transferred or deferred to another event.
If you do not use the Groupon, you will lose it. There are no refunds on the Groupon.
Please read all of the "Fine Print" on the voucher for details regarding your purchase.
This article will show you how to use your Groupon voucher to get registered for the event.
- Read through all the details of your voucher. You can find this information in the "Fine Print" (for Groupon). This is where you'll find all the terms and conditions of your voucher, including which time block your voucher will allow you to register for. (Most often, you must register for the "AFTERNOON" time block.)
- Proceed to the event page for your particular event. You should be able to find a link on the Groupon page, but if not, you can always find all our events on our homepage.
- Click the "Register Now" button above one of the time blocks to get started.
- Now, you should be on the ChronoTrack.com log-in page.
If you don't have an account, you can create one here. If you would prefer not to, that's okay. Just select "Continue as a Guest" or log in with one of your social media accounts.
- Next, you'll need to choose a valid heat (this information can be found in the "Fine Print" or "Need to Know" section). Most third-party vouchers are only valid for the "AFTERNOON" time block.
- On the next two pages you will need to fill out some information about yourself and agree to the waiver.
- After that, you'll be given the opportunity to join or create a team (you can read a step-by-step guide for that process here).
- Then, select your t-shirt size and continue to the donation page. If you wish to provide a donation to our charity (The Spartan Foundation), you can do that at this next step.
- If you are registering for an open heat (morning or afternoon), you will now be prompted to choose a preferred start time. This is to notify our team what time you prefer to run. There are no guaranteed start times. If you join a team, your start time will be determined based on the guidelines in the following article.
Team Registration and Start Times
- Next, you will have the chance to include Spectator passes and / or a SpartanTab, which you can read about here. (NOTE: SpartanTabs are not included with third-party vouchers.)
- The next page will allow you to setup racer tracking on race day. You can also set this up later by clicking on the Live Updates link on the event page of the race you are participating in. The live update sign up now link will look like the following image and is notated with a small blue flame.
- When you reach the page that prompts you to enter a coupon code, you will input your voucher code into the box.
If your voucher was purchased from Groupon, the code should look something like this: GRPABCD1234
- You'll then click the "Next" button. If your discount is applied, you can add another registrant or finish checking out on the proximate page.
If your discount is not applied and an error message appears, DO NOT finish checking out. Instead, double-check your registration information and your voucher code before emailing us at us@spartan. We'll be able to help you get the issue resolved. When you email, please include both a screenshot of your groupon voucher and a screenshot of what you see after entering the code during registration.
- After you enter your payment information and click "Pay". At this point, you are now registered and ready for race day!