The best way to ensure that you will start at the same time as your friends is to create a team when you buy your tickets.
- You can create or join a team in your Spartan Account after you have registered for an event. For information on how to join or create a team please view the following FAQ.
Racers that are registered as part of the team for the same day and in the SAME TIME BLOCK, will be moved to a common team start time before race weekend.
- This policy does NOT apply to teams that are registered for the Age Group Heat.
- Participants that register for the Age Group category will be assigned a start time based on their AGE GROUP and gender ONLY — regardless of whether that participant is part of a team.
- Team members are NOT placed together in the Age Group category unless they are in the same age group range (and gender, depending on heat capacity).
- Start times will be posted in your Spartan Account 10-14 days prior to the event weekend.
- Any racer who has already registered but wishes to join a team or change teams must do so at least 21 days prior to the race to allow time for processing.
- After your registration is complete, you cannot make team changes within 21 days of race day.
- Racers that are registered for Sunday's race will not be moved to Saturday's race or vice versa even if they are on the same team.
- For racers who are Spartan+ members, your start time guarantee will not be applied to other members of a team you create or join.
- If you are a Spartan+ member who is part of a team, your start time may change to a different start time in the same time block to accommodate your team.
Team start times are NOT determined by the captain's preferred time.
- Spartan reserves the right to adjust your start time within the same time block despite your "preferred" start times, based on team size and space availability.
Racers that are registered for Elite, Age Group, or Early Morning start times will NOT be moved to the Open start times.
- We assume that racers who have paid extra for these heat times would like to remain in them.
- Elite, Age Group, and Early Morning racers will still count as part of your team, but will not be moved out of their registered time blocks.
- If you are registered for the Elite, Age Group, or Early Morning Time Blocks and request to be moved to the Open Time Block, no refund will be provided for the price difference.
- Whether or not this request is able to be accommodated is dependent on your desired heat availability.
- Racers who do not begin the race at their assigned Age Group start time risk disqualification.