In this article:
- What is a Season Pass?
- Why should I get a Season Pass? What are the benefits?
- How do I sign up with my new pass?
- How do I use my pass or benefits?
- Can I share my pass with a friend if I am not attending an event?
- Can I use it on Hurricane Heats?
- Can I use it for Trail Races?
- What else do I need to know?
What is a Season Pass?
In the US, there's one Season Pass for 2023, that allows you to register for ALL heats for 2023 events!
Why should I get one? What are the benefits?
All 2023 US Pass Memberships include:
- Entry into all 2023 US City, Stadion, Sprint, Super, Beast, Ultra, and 4-Hour Hurricane heats
- Specific heats are not guaranteed
- The 2023 Season Pass can not be applied to the following:
- 3K courses
- HH12HR or HH24HR
- Agoge events
- Kids' Races
- Trail races
- Specialty races such as the Charity races
- Spectator registration purchases
- Pass valid for registration in all heats
- $200 credit to redeem your 2023 exclusive pass holder gear
- Gain access to the exclusive collection only the most elite Spartans can shop
- Gear is available for redemption beginning Nov. 1, 2022
- Please note that starting June 11, 2023, the gear credit will no longer be available as a benefit for NEW pass purchases.
- Passholders will also receive a separate $100 merch discount to be used on any one-time merchandise purchase
- Valid only for a one-time purchase up until Dec. 31, 2023
- Merchandise Exclusions apply
- Spartan+ Membership discount
- 12-Month Membership for 50% off
- 1 Free Spectator Pass per event
- Multi-lap Discount
- Lodging & Destination Deals
- Access to Members-only products and exclusive deals
- EARLY BIRDS ONLY (pass purchased before Oct. 17, 2022)
- Three (3) 2023 Sprint Buddy Passes valid for $60 2023 City/Sprint/Stadion events
How do I sign up with my new pass?
Please Note: If you intend to sign up someone else for a race so that you can all race together, your Season Pass and personal details will be automatically applied to the first registration.
Therefore, it is advisable to register yourself first using your Season Pass and proceed to register your friends and family separately.
- Find an event on our website
- Click on the Register button at the top of the event page you choose
- When prompted, log in to your Spartan Account, using the SAME email address you used to purchase your pass (this is important)
- Once you select your preferred start time, you will immediately see your registration discounted 100%, leaving you to pay the racer add-on fees
- If you do not immediately see this discount, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before proceeding
How do I use my benefits?
Season Pass Membership benefits are easy to use!
- Race registration benefits can be used immediately upon purchase for open 2023 events, as noted above (How do I sign up with my new pass?)
- Free Spectator Pass can be used for one spectator to enter the festival area per event
- This can be claimed by you or your guest on race day at Spectator Registration
- The pass will be under your name (the racer)
- You do not need to pre-register for this pass. One is automatically added to your registration when you sign up with the pass.
- Promotional clothing items can be ordered using your $200 Gear Collection credit on the Season pass Collection page.
- Spartan+ Membership Discount information will be sent to you after you register for your 2023 Season Pass
- Multi-lap discounts can be claimed on-site only
- Please see our registration tent on-site to register for additional laps
- Additional laps are subject to space availability
- $200 credit to redeem pass gear
- A $200 Credit will be delivered by email with information on how to redeem
- Gear redemption will begin when our first inventory shipment arrives in early November. We will send dedicated communication once the redemption process is open.
- Exclusive Season Pass Gear will be available on a first come first serve basis
- Gear valued at $200
- A $100 One-time Merchandise Discount will be sent via email to the pass holder
- Discount is a one-time use discount only, applicable to only one transaction
- Merchandise limitations apply and may not be valid on purchases of Power Systems, RAMfit, TrueForm, Legendborne, iTab products, or Gift Cards
- Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions
- Valid until December 31, 2023
- Open Sprint Buddy Passes
- EARLY BIRDS ONLY (pass purchased before Oct. 17, 2022)
- Buddy Pass Codes will be delivered by email on Oct. 19, 2022
- Buddy Pass Codes are valid only for 2023 US Events
- Codes are valid through Dec. 31, 2023
- Open Heat only
- Taxes and fees apply
Can I share my pass with a friend if I am not attending an event?
No. The pass is only valid for the person it is registered to. If your pass is used to register someone else, their order will be canceled. If it is caught after the event, they will be DQ'ed and their results will be removed from the event. Your pass will also be revoked with no refunds given. There is a zero-tolerance policy on Season Pass abuse. No excuses, no exceptions.
Can I use it on Hurricane Heats?
Yes, you can use the pass to register for 4-hour Hurricane Heats, only.
Can I use it for the Trail Series events?
No, 2023 Season Pass purchases are valid for Spartan OCR events only. They do not cover entry to Spartan Trail events.
What else do I need to know?
Passes do not guarantee your entry into a sold-out heat.
You must register early to guarantee your spot!
Your pass is valid for one chip-timed entry per day, per event
For pass holders that would like to run an additional timed lap, there will be an additional discounted on-site charge for a new timing chip, bib packet, finisher medal, and shirt
Your Season Pass is unique to you and can not be shared
Season passes are non-transferable once purchased
- The US season pass is only valid on eligible races in the US including Hawaii
- The Spartan Season Pass guarantees entry to every event during the life of your pass
- It does NOT guarantee entry into a specific heat
- The registration team will give priority to Season Pass Membership holders when adjusting heat assignments, or accepting last-minute registrations, but requests will still be subject to space limitations
- If you register for an event using your Season Pass and then cannot attend you will NOT be refunded for the add-on fees
- Registrations completed with your Season Pass cannot be transferred to future events or to other racers
- Transfers require a $35 transfer fee so it is cheaper for Season Pass holders to use their pass to register for a new race than request a transfer from one event to another
- Season Pass Holders have access to sold-out events.
- Season Pass Holders do not have access to sold-out heats
- If an event is completely sold out we will accommodate you in the afternoon session
- Specialty races such as the Charity races, or other possible special events including ones put on by Spartan's Partners may not be included or may be included at a reduced rate
- Events that are not Season Pass Eligible will be indicated on the Event Page for that specific event
- The pass cannot be put on hold in the case of injury, moving, or any other reason
- We are not able to credit current or past registrations toward the cost of a pass
- We are not able to refund current registrations if you buy a pass after signing up for an event
- The pass is non-refundable and non-transferable
- If you are looking to upgrade your registration to a new Start Block please contact email@example.com for help.
- Buddy Pass Codes can be shared and redeemed for any 2023 US Sprint/Stadion/City Race, Open Heats only
- Customers receive three uses per Buddy Passcode
- Buddy Pass Codes will be delivered to the purchaser on Oct. 19, 2022, and can be redeemed through Dec. 31, 2023
- Buddy Pass Codes are valid for a $60 fixed price 2023 US Sprint/Stadion/City ticket, excluding all taxes and fees, and valid on new registrations only