Safety is Spartan’s number one priority. We are dedicated to keeping our families, racers, staff and volunteers safe. The following are additional measures our staff is taking to reduce the risk of spreading illness with regard to the Spartan Kids events. These measures and examples add to the stringent Safety Guidelines implemented at our events in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
(Please click HERE to view all of Spartan’s COVID-19 safety measures for Adult races and festival areas.)
- Please have waivers signed and ready prior to entering the registration line. These can be found at the waiver tent adjacent to registration.
- We ask that once you have your registration packets, please walk to an open/non-crowded area before opening your packets.
- Heat capacities have been lowered to allow for social distancing measures to be enforced. Designated lanes leading up to the start line will be visually marked and spaced accordingly.
- Individuals chaperoning or not immediately racing are asked to maintain social distancing between other families as much as possible. Please allow families with racers in the start corral room to take photos.
- Fence lines will have social distancing markers attached and will be enforced at all times.
- Finish line sequence will be adjusted for a faster flow through and will have visually indicated lanes to help maintain a socially distanced environment. Sanitization stations will be provided and routine cleaning of the area will be in effect.
- Split finish corrals will direct 50% around each side of the tent into separate finish corrals.
- Parents will be required to present a matching wristband prior to leaving with their young racer. Multiple exit points will be enforced to allow for a faster pairing. Please have your wristband ready and visible as you approach the staff or volunteer. Please be patient as this precaution is done in regards to the safety of your child.
- Finisher shirts tent will be open on both sides with single direction traffic.
- Viewing routes will still be available to the best of our ability and will allow for proper distancing among chaperones.
Please click HERE to view all of Spartan’s COVID-19 safety measures for Adult races and festival areas.