You decided to pre-register your friends or family members to come tackle the course with you, awesome! Here is what you need to know.
What Is The Discount?
The standard team discount is:
- 4 or more members - 10%
- 7 or more members - 15%
- 10 or more members - 20%
*In order to receive the discount, you must pre-register all team members. The discount is based on the amount of people selected during the initial registration. The discount cannot be applied retroactively or adjusted if more people join your team after.
*Please note, this offer is not combinable with other offers, it is possible larger discounts are available during promotional periods.
How Do I Register/Claim My Entries (Races before August 2020)
Please note, the pre-paid entries will go to whoever signs up for the team first. So please ensure that whoever you are paying for registers first, before you begin inviting additional team members.
- Begin registration as usual, for the event of your choice (start here at Spartan.com and then "find a race")
- When you reach the option to create or join a team, you should select "Create a new team (prepay for all members with team discount)"
- You will then be asked to specify your team name and the number of team entries you'd like to pay for (with the relevant discount)
- We highly suggest setting a TEAM PASSWORD to prevent unintended members from claiming your prepaid entries. You can do this now, during registration, or from your ChronoTrack profile after registration. (see our Details section for more on this topic)
- On the right hand side of the Registration screen, you will see the number of entries you selected, their current registration price, as well as the discount you're receiving (based on the number of entries you're purchasing). Please note, this total does not include each individual's insurance, parking/bag check, or processing fees. It only includes the captain's. Each individual will be required to pay that at the time they claim their entry.
- The team captain (the person purchasing all the entries), will then be able to send invitation emails to team members, as well as view the team roster, via their ChronoTrack profile.
- NOTE FOR TEAM CAPTAINS: The Invitation email sent to your team members will NOT specify what category (Elite, Age Group, Morning or Afternoon) your team is registered for; YOU will need to personally communicate with your team members the appropriate category to locate your team.
To Claim The Pre-Paid Registration:
- Your Team Captain will send an email invite to you.
(If they advise they sent it, but you can't find it, make sure to look in your Spam/Junk email folders!)
- Follow the instructions and link in the email to begin registering for your event.
- NOTE: You will need to contact your team captain (if they didn't already tell you) to find out what CATEGORY (Elite, Age Group, Morning or Afternoon) that your team is registered for. The email will NOT note this information for you. (You may need to also obtain the team password from your team captain)
- Make sure to select your team during the "team selection" portion of registration.
- VERIFY your pre-paid entry has applied, by viewing your total purchase on the right hand side of registration.
- Checkout - Individuals racers will still be responsible for paying insurance fees, parking/bag check, processing fees and any "add on" purchase fees that they select (Spectators, SpartanTabs, etc.). These fees were no paid up front by the captain.
How Do I Register/Claim My Entries (Races in or after August 2020)
- Begin registration as usual, for the event of your choice (start here at Spartan.com and then "find a race").
- On the right, you will see your registration order. With the drop down menu, select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase. The discount amount is listed next to the amount of tickets you are purchasing.
- After selecting the total number of tickets, you will see the price reflected in the total. The total includes all add on fees such as insurance, parking/bag check, and the processing fee. The discount is also reflected in this total.
- After entering your information, make sure to create a team! After entering your team name, you will have the option to invite your friends.
- To invite your team members, check the box that says, "Don't have all of your friend's information? Prepay for their entry and send them a claim link to complete their registration". Then enter each email address in the box. Please make sure the email addresses are correct or they will not receive the invite.
- Repeat Step 5, entering each individual's email address for each attendee.
- You will then complete the checkout by entering your credit card information.
To Claim The Pre-Paid Entries:
- Your friends will receive an email to claim their ticket in their Spartan Tickets account.
- Click "Claims" on the left hand side.
- Click "Claim This Ticket".
- Enter your information and complete the claim.
- You will then be registered for the race!
Note: As captain, if you need to change one of the attendees, just log into your Spartan Tickets account, go to "Claims" on the left, and then you can view the claims you sent. From there you can update the information for who can claim the entry.
- Team discounts are only applicable during the initial sign up and cannot be retroactively applied, no exceptions.
- The discount will only apply to the amount of tickets you purchase up front, it will not apply to any additional members. For example, if you pay for 5 members, those 5 will get the 10% discount. If a 6th member joins, they will not receive the discount.
- Team discounts cannot be combined with any other offers, including GovX/ID.me, Season Passes, or Trifecta Passes. It is possible larger discounts are available during promotional periods.
- Team discount registrations do not count towards the Refer A Friend Program.
- Team captains cannot be Season Pass or Trifecta Pass holders. Your pass discount will not apply when signing up through the pre-paid team method.
- Team Captains should ensure that ALL prepaid registrations are CLAIMED before inviting other members to your team. We recommend setting a team PASSWORD during registration, or via your ChronoTrack profile post-registration, before sharing invites to your team. If you do not set a team password, and a new member attempts to join your team before all of your prepaid members have claimed their registrations, the new member will "claim" one of the pre-paid spots. We are not able to refund, cancel or correct registrations if a team is not password-locked and an unintended member claims a registration.
- If you signed up with a pre-paid team entry and need to defer or transfer your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the race you would like to change to. All standard deferral/transfer timelines, pricing, and procedures apply.