Elite Category Qualification Requirement
In the interest of continuing the growth of Spartan OCR as a truly competitive global sport, a competitor may no longer register for any Elite category heat (or purchase an Elite Season Pass) without first meeting qualifying criteria listed below. This rule applies to all Elite category heats starting on January 1st, 2020 for events taking place in the United States, Canada or the UK.
Any Elite competitor already registered for an event on or after Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 must complete the qualification process or will be moved to the Age Group category before race day. Competitors who are automatically moved may apply for qualification at a later date.
Elite Category Qualification Application Process
Any prospective Elite category competitor, whether a prior Spartan participant or not, may submit an application for Elite category qualification via spartan.com. (Applications may be submitted here.)
Each application requires a one-time payment of $30 fee, payable to Spartan HQ upon application submission. This fee covers program administration and processing and is non-refundable in the event of application rejection.
Successful applicants will be emailed a unique Elite Qualifying Code (EQC) which will be good for the remainder of the season. This code must be input each time the competitor registers for an Elite category heat or chooses to purchase an Elite Season Pass.
Initial applications will be reviewed within 72 hours.
Denied applicants will have 7 days to dispute their decision without having to repay the application fee. Any disputes after 7 days will require a new application and application fee.
Elite Category Qualification Criteria
To earn an Elite Qualification Code (EQC), a competitor must be 14 years of age or older as of January 1st for the year they are applying for and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- One or more top 10 Elite finishes at Spartan OCR events in the Elite category in the same or previous calendar year for which you are applying.
- One or more top 5 Age Group finishes at Spartan OCR events in the Age Group category in the same or previous calendar year for which you are applying.
- Spartan will have the right to approve anyone not meeting the above criteria via a resume review at their discretion.
- A top 5 AG/top 10 elite finish in 2021 would qualify you for a 2021 and/or 2022 EQC.
- Due to a reduction in races in 2020 any races from Tuesday January 1st 2019 - Thursday December 31st 2020 will be valid for a 2021 EQC.
- Note: Age Group refers to competing in te designated Age Group category, not your age group placing in the Open Heats (Morning/Afternoon).
Elite Qualification Code Period
- An Elite competitor will need to purchase an EQC for each calendar year in which they wish to run an elite heat.
- Each code will be valid for races from January 1st through December 31st of the calendar year it was purchased for.
- Each code will cost $30 and the cost will not be prorated if purchased during the middle of the calendar year.
Downgrading from Elite Category
An Elite competitor with an EQC may freely choose to register for, and compete in, the Age Group or Open categories at any event globally.