Due to the large impact COVID-19 has had on the 2020 race season, 2020 Season Passes have been extended to be valid for the 2021 OCR season as well (HH and Trail not included). Pass holders will be notified in late 2020 or early 2021 with information on how to claim 2021 Pass holder gear.
In this article:
- What is a Season Pass?
- Why should I get a Season Pass? What are the benefits?
- How do I sign up with my new pass?
- How do I use my pass or benefits?
- Can I share my pass with a friend if I am not attending an event?
- Can I use it on Hurricane Heats?
- Can I use it for Trail Races?
- What about International Passes?
- What else do I need to know?
In the US, we are offering three options for your Season Pass.
- Our ELITE Season Pass, valid for Elite, Age Group, and Open (Morning/Afternoon) Heats. Note, Elite Heats in 2020 and 2021 require qualification (Read about qualifying here!)
- Our AGE GROUP Season Pass, valid for only AGE GROUP and Open (morning, afternoon, etc.) heats, during the calendar year 2020 and 2021.
- Our OPEN Season pass, valid for only OPEN (morning, afternoon, etc.) heats, during the calendar year 2020 and 2021.
Passes DO NOT guarantee your entry into a sold-out heat. You must register early to guarantee your spot! Your pass is valid for one chip-timed entry per day, per event. For pass holders that would like to run an additional timed lap, there will be an additional on-site charge of $14 for a new timing chip, bib packet, finisher medal, and shirt.
NOTE: Your Season Pass is unique to you and can not be shared. Pass usage is audited. If racers are discovered sharing passes, passes may be revoked and any race results disqualified. Season passes are non-transferable once purchased.
All 2020 US Pass Memberships include:
- Entry into all US Sprint, Super, Stadion, Beast, City and Trail events. Discount applicable for Ultra/Agoge events, during the life of your pass (specific heats are NOT guaranteed).
- Pass valid for registration in eligible heats for your pass (Elite Pass - All heats; Age Group - Age Group and Open Heats; Open Pass - only Open category heats). Pass is not valid for Kids Races or Spectator registration purchases.
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder T-shirt (shirt will be same size as jacket, you pick during registration, unable to exchange sizes and the fit would be like venue tee /merch shirt unisex sizing xs-2xl) Once registered unable to change size or address.
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder Jacket (jacket will be same size as shirt, you pick during registration, unable to exchange sizes and the fit would be like venue tee /merch shirt unisex sizing xs-2xl) Once registered unable to change size or address.
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder Hat
- Gear Kit is limited while supplies last.
- 1 Free Spectator Pass (Festival Pass) per event
- Multi-lap Discount
- Season Pass Insider's Facebook Group
- 50% Discount on Ultra and Agoge events
- 10% Merchandise Discount
- VIP Notification of New Race Openings
- Find an event on our website.
- Click on the Register button on the top of the event page you choose.
- When prompted, login to your Spartan Tickets account, using the SAME email address as you used to purchase your pass (THIS IS IMPORTANT).
- Once you select your preferred start time (that is valid for your pass) you will immediately see your registration discounted 100%, leaving you to pay the racer insurance and parking/bag check fees (totals are reflected on the right-hand side of the screen).
If you do NOT immediately see this discount, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before proceeding.
Season Pass Membership benefits are easy to use!
- Race registration benefits can be used immediately upon purchase, as noted above (How do I sign up with my new pass?)
- Free Festival Pass can be used for one spectator to enter the festival. This can be claimed by you or your guest on race day at Spectator Registration. The pass will be under your name (the racer). You do NOT need to pre-register this pass, one is automatically added to your registration when you sign up with the pass.
- Promotional clothing items are being finalized; stay tuned for specific shipping timelines.
NO. The pass is only valid for the person it is registered to. If your pass is used to register someone else, their order will be canceled. If it is caught after the event, they will be DQ'ed and their results removed from the event. Your pass will also be revoked with no refunds given. There is a zero-tolerance policy on Season Pass abuse. No excuses, no exceptions.
Yes, you can use the pass to register for Hurricane Heats and for 50% off Hurricane Heat 12 Hour events. You will need to sign up for the HH/HH12HR separately from your race in order for the pass to work.
Note: 2020 Season Pass holders can only use their pass for 2020 HH events, not 2021.
Can I use it for the Trail Series events?
Yes. If you purchase the 2020 pass, the Trail Series events are included.
Note: 2020 Season Pass holders can only use their pass for 2020 Trail events, not 2021.
- The US season pass is only valid on eligible races in the US including Hawaii.
- The Spartan Season Pass guarantees entry to every event during the life of your pass but does not guarantee entry into a specific heat. The registration team will give priority to Membership holders when adjusting heat assignments, or accepting last-minute registrations, but requests will still be subject to space limitations.
- Specialty races such as the Charity races, or other possible special events including ones put on by Spartan's Partners may not be included or may be included at a reduced rate. Events that are NOT Season Pass Eligible will be indicated on the Event Page for that specific event.
- The pass cannot be put on hold in the case of injury, moving, or any other reasons.
- We are not able to credit current or past registrations toward the cost of a pass.
- We are not able to refund current registrations if you buy a pass after signing up for an event.
- The pass is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- When you sign up with the pass we are not able to transfer that registration to another person or event and the insurance and other fees paid are non-refundable.
- Season Pass Holders have access to sold-out events. However, Season Pass Holders do not have access to sold-out heats. If an event is completely sold out we will accommodate you in the afternoon session.