What is a Spartan Trail race?
Spartan Trail is your global introduction to running in the wild with no obstacles! There are 40+ races globally in 2020 with distances ranging from 10K to 50K, with events for all abilities and a chance to earn points for the Trail World Championships!
For more information, visit this page!
Distances and Schedule
Each venue hosting a Trail race may offer different distances.
2020 US Schedule:
- San Jose 10K & Half-Marathon - February 16, 2020
- San Luis Obispo 10K & Half-Marathon - March 15, 2020
- Seattle North 10K - April 5, 2020
- Montana 10K - May 3, 2020
- Boston 10K - May 17, 2020
- Austin 10K & Half-Marathon - May 17, 2020
- Big Bear 10K - May 17, 2020
- Monterey 10K, Half-Marathon, & 50K - June 7, 2020
- Fort Carson 10K & Half-Marathon - June 14, 2020
- Fayetteville 10K, Half-Marathon, & 50K - June 28, 2020
- Palmerton 10K - July 12, 2020
- Utah 10K - July 19, 2020
- Indiana 10K - July 25, 2020
- Asheville 10K - July 26, 2020
- North Lake Tahoe 10K - September 27, 2020
- SoCal 10K, Half-Marathon, & 50K - October 25, 2020
- Dallas 10K & 50K - October 25, 2020
- Virginia 10K, Half-Marathon, & 50K - November 8, 2020
- Carolinas 10K - November 22, 2020
Course Information & Cutoffs
On race day, there will be a start line specifically for the Trail race. Make your way to the start line at least 15 minutes before your designated start time. The course will NOT feature any of the Spartan obstacles, with the exception of the Fire Jump at the end of your course. Course maps are posted to our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) the Thursday or Friday before the race.
|Trail Cutoff Times|
|Spartan Trail 10K||3 Hours|
|Spartan Trail Half Marathon||6 Hours|
|Spartan Trail 50K||10 Hours|
All Finishers Receive:
- Spartan Trail Finisher shirt
- Spartan Trail Finisher medal
- Free Professional Photos
- Free Beer (where available)
- Finish line food & drink
- National Rankings
- Spartan Festival Experience
- Infinite bragging rights
Prize Money & Awards
The top 3 Male/Female overall finishers will be awarded for all distances. The top 3 overall finishers are not eligible for Age Group awards.
50K Trail Prize Money
- 1st Male/Female - $500
- 2nd Male/Female - $300
- 3rd Male/Female - $100
Half Marathon Prize Money
- 1st Male/Female - $250
- 2nd Male/Female - $150
- 3rd Male/Female - $75
10K Prize Money
- 1st Male/Female - $150
- 2nd Male/Female - $100
- 3rd Male/Female - $50
Age Group Winners
The top 3 finishers in each age group receive a unique top finishers medal. The age groups for the Trail Race are:
- Top 3 overall (male/female) are only eligible for the overall prizes, not the age group prizes.
- For any special awards, you MUST be present at the awards ceremony on race day to claim your prize. They cannot be mailed out after the fact.
Season Passes and Volunteer Codes
Season Passes: Season Passes do apply to the Trail Race event entry fee. Racers are still responsible for the insurance, parking/bag check, and processing fee. The Elite Season Pass covers either category (Elite/Age Group). Both the Age Group and Open Season Pass cover the Age Group Trail race, with the option to upgrade to Elite for $10.00.
Volunteer Codes: A full day volunteer code (100% code) will apply to the Trail Race event entry fee. Racers are still responsible for the insurance, parking/bag check, and processing fee. The codes are valid for Elite or Age Group categories.
Does the Trail Race count for the Trifecta?
No, a Spartan Trail race does NOT count for the Trifecta. More information on the Trifecta can be found here.
Can I transfer the Trail Race registration?
If you need to reschedule your Trail Race, you can obtain a credit valid for another US Spartan event. All standard deferral procedures apply. All details of the deferral process can be found here: Can I transfer to another Spartan Race, person, or both?