So you have decided to run with the best of the best, and join the Elite Heat or just run competitively to push yourself in the Age Group division:
We're excited to see you stepping up your Spartan game. However, there are some things you need to know:
- You MUST arrive and race on time for your heat. If you show up late or race at a different time, you will be disqualified from the heat.
- You will be provided a RED Spartan Headband (with your bib number on it) to differentiate you from the non-competitive Open heat racers. Wear your headband, with the numbers facing forward at all times.
- You also agree to receive no outside help on obstacles — providing aid such as food or drink, or medical help outside of getting medical advice. If you do, you will be DQ'ed from the event. However, you will be allowed to finish the event (if you are medically cleared) and get your medal and shirt.
- You may be filmed at multiple obstacles for review of obstacle completion.
- You have until the end of race day to review the film.
- Any competitor who completes 9 burpees or less at Stadion events at a single obstacle shall have a 10 minute penalty added to their overall finish time.
- Each time a competitor completes fewer than 15 but more than 9 at Stadion
events, a 30-second penalty per burpee missed shall be added to their overall finish
- All timing concerns for the podium must be disputed no more than 15 minutes prior to the award ceremony.
- It is up to you to count the burpees. It is not the job of the course monitors.
Please Note: If you are disqualified for any reason, you will not receive a finish time and will not be moved to the open heat. No refunds or credits to a future event or collateral will be given. Disqualified races will not count toward your Trifecta or point series ranking.