So you decided to run with the best of the best, and join the Elite Heat or just run competitively to push yourself in the Age Group division:
We're excited to see you stepping up your Spartan game, however, there are some things you need to know:
- You MUST arrive and race on time for your heat. If you show up late or race at a different time, you will be disqualified from the heat.
- You will be provided a RED Spartan Headband (with your bib number on it) to differentiate you from the Open heat racers. Wear your headband, with the numbers facing forward at all times, to allow us to more easily tag your photos after the event!
- You also agree to get no outside help on obstacles, providing aid such as food or drink, or medical help outside of getting medical advice. If you do you will DQ'ed from the event however you will be allowed to finish the event (if you are medically cleared) and get your medal and shirt.
- You will be filmed at multiple obstacles for review for proper burpee completion.
- You have until the end of the race day to review the film.
- Any competitor who completes 19 burpees or less at Sprint, Super, Beast or Ultra
events or 9 burpees or less at Stadion events at a single obstacle shall have a 10
minute penalty added to their overall finish time.
- Each time a competitor completes fewer than 30 burpees but more than 19 at
Sprint, Super, Beast and Ultra events and fewer than 15 but more than 9 at Stadion
events, a 30-second penalty per burpee missed shall be added to their overall finish
- All timing concerns for the podium must be disputed no more than 15 minutes prior to the award ceremony.
- It is up to you to count the burpees, it is not the job of the course monitors.
Please Note: If you are disqualified, for any reason, you will not get a finish time and will not be able to be moved to the open heat. No refunds or credits to a future event or collateral will be given. Disqualified races will not count toward your trifecta, or point series ranking.