At Spartan, we want to reward you for ripping your friends off the couch, so we started the Refer a Friend program. When you recruit your friends to run in the race with you, we will reward you.
Please read this FAQ in its entirety before sending the referral link to your friends.
In order to qualify for the reward, your THREE friends MUST register for the event via the referral URL.
You can only get credit for 1 contest per referral and this is dependent on which link you use. We cannot transfer referrals between programs.
You must click on the link and complete the form to send them a personal referral link.
If your friends do not use your link to register, we won't know that they were referred by you, and we will be unable to issue you a reward.
Please do not copy and paste the link. Each friend who registers will need to be emailed their own unique link to be verified as a referral.
Shortly after all referrals are verified, we'll send you a message that includes your voucher that is good for either one free race** or a merchandise credit.
- In order to qualify for the reward, all THREE friends MUST register for the event via the referral URL.
- Self referrals do not count. This means, if you sign them up or they sign up from the same IP address as you it will not count. If your friends use the same device or the same link to register they will be flagged as self referral. If you pay for your friends registrations they will be flagged as a self referral.
- Anyone using a 100% discount code will not count. This includes but is not limited to Groupon, volunteer entries, pass codes, or deferrals codes (even if they have to pay a difference for the new event).
- Having athletes join your team does not count as a referral. Each athlete must correctly use the personal referral link.
- Registrations cannot be retroactively applied towards the program.
- This program excludes Kid's Race Registrations.
** Free race is good for any Sprint, Super or Beast in the US in the 'open' (morning or afternoon) heats. The free race is not valid for 'competitive' (elite or age group) heats.