Our Spartan Elite Point Series assigns rankings (totally separate from any Trifecta status) to the most preeminent Spartans in the country. It began the SUNDAY after our World Championship event 10/4/15 and runs until 12/31/16. Starting in 2017 it will run from January 1st until December 31st every year.
In order for your results to be properly tabulated into rankings for our Spartan Point Series, you will need to "claim" all your results through Athlinks and make sure all your relevant races are grouped under one Athlinks profile. You can find out how to do that here, as well as fix common Athlinks profile problems.
Here's the specifics of how you earn points:
Spartan Race Elite Point Series:
For open points please visit Spartan Open Point Series and Ranking
Base Points earned are weighted based on course distance:
Sprint: 96% points (288 total to first place male/female).
Super: 98% points (294 total to first place male/female).
Beast: 100% points (300 total to first place male/female).
Finally, for the first time ever, we will have a Stadium Series with its own points and rankings. You now have two series to compete in and earn cash and prizes.
Stadium: 96% points (288 total to first place male/female).
Points are calculated based on a % of best finish time for overall male and overall female (overall male's time / your time x 300 points)
Example: You are an elite male, you finished the sprint race in 1:02:32. The first place male finished in 59:53. First you convert to seconds for both and then divide, so 3,593 / 3,632 x 300 pts x .96 (Sprint distance weighting) = 284.9 or 285
What else you need to know:
- To Qualify as Elite you must race in the designated Elite heat. If you race in the Elite wave for some of your races and race in the Open heats for a couple of events, those Open heat races will not be combined with your Elite points in the Elite series.
- Elite heat must have a minimum of 30 male or 10 female participants to qualify the athletes to receive ranking points at that event. In some cases, race directors may allow only ranked athletes to enter a Elite heat.
- Stadium Event points and Non-Stadium (regular) Event points will be calculated separately.
- Only your top 5 best races within the Continental US earn points (for both the main and stadium series).
- If you are late to your heat you will not earn Elite points, at the race directors discretion.