In this Article:
- How much are spectators?
- What do I get, as a spectator?
- Can I get on the course to watch?
- Do I need a spectator pass, if I have a child registered as a Jr. Spartan?
- What can I bring in to the race with me?
- How do I purchase a Spectator Pass Online?
Spartan loves Spectators
Most USA venues will be charging entry fees for spectators, so check on the race's specific event page to see if there will be a charge. Typically, the fee is $20 if purchased online prior to the event (please note online registration closes at 5pm eastern time on Friday prior to the race), and $25 when purchased on race day. Kids 13 and under are free. There is no spectator age limit.
As a Spartan spectator, you get a coupon at registration (redeemable at the merchandise tent). Additionally you will have viewing access of some obstacles, the start and finish line, the vendor tents, and hot food for sale on the grounds. Enjoy music while watching your friends and loved ones slip and slide through the Spartan course, from the Spartan festival grounds. Raffles, entertainment, spectator challenges, free muddy hugs from Spartan athletes, and all the other festival perks makes spectating all worth while. The next ticket you will want to buy will be a race entry.
As for roaming the course or watching each obstacle, each course will have different restrictions. On some ski mountains, you can take a ski lift to the top where there will be obstacles to watch. At ALL events, the festival area is situated within sight of at least 6 obstacles where you can catch your family and friends.
Each Kids Race registration includes two free spectator passes per FAMILY. If you have one child registered, you'll get two free spectators. If you have two children registered, you'll still only receive two free spectators. There is no need to register these spectators online ahead of time - just show up with your mini-spartans and check in with them at the Kids Race registration line.
You'll want to check the Athlete Guide and/or Event Page for your specific event for any special guidelines on what you may/may not bring into an event. However, as a general rule, outside food and drink, coolers, and tents are not allowed. You are welcome to bring folding chairs, backpacks, etc.
Follow these steps to purchase a Spectator Pass online:
- Go to the specific race's event page and click the red 'Register' button in the middle of the screen.
- Log into your ChronoTrack account or continue as a guest.
- On the next page, select Spectator. On the following page, complete the form with your appropriate demographic information.
- Towards the bottom of the page, you will see an Additional Purchases section; if you wish to purchase MORE THAN ONE spectator pass, then check off Spectator Registration and under Quantity, select the additional number of passes you want IN ADDITION to yours. You are already registering 1 pass, and this is where you would be purchasing additional passes.
- On the next page, review your cart to confirm you have the appropriate number of passes and the dollar amount reflected is correct. Proceed to checkout and payment.
You may print your receipt and bring it with you to the Spectator Tent on race day to pick up your passes. No physical passes will be emailed or distributed to you.
Please note: online spectator registration closes at 5pm eastern time on the Friday prior to the race. After this time passes are only available in person on race day for $25.