In this article:
- VOLUNTEER SHIRT
- You will receive your volunteer shirt when you check in for your shift at the volunteer tent. At most events, you will have the option of a short sleeve or long-sleeve shirt.
- A light lunch (normally one sandwich) and snacks will be provided at check-in. Please plan accordingly to bring any extra food/ snacks for yourself to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- You will have the option to pick up your hoodie at the beginning or end of your shift. If we do not have the size you’d like on-site, we will ship it to you after the event.
- Only available in the US. These will be given to all full-day volunteers at the end of their shift and is part of the Mind Trifecta.
- MIND TRIFECTA:
- Workout Tour: attendance at one free Spartan Workout Tour event
- Spartan Strong: given by a Spartan Strong Instructor, upon successful completion of 3 Spartan Strong classes
- Spartan SGX Training: given by an SGX coach to their class participants upon completion of 4 training sessions
- Volunteer: successful completion of 1 volunteer full-day shift at a US Stadion, Sprint, Super, Beast, Ultra, or Kids Only event. Not applicable for workout tours, or international events.
Volunteer and race the same weekend with your code
- Please note that for most events you can expect the following race options:
- Build shifts - race either morning or afternoon for either day of the event.
- Sprint and Super races - Most volunteers will be able to race the same day as your shift, either before or after your shift.
- Ultra & Beast races - same-day racing is not available. Race on an opposite day as your volunteer shift.
- A confirmation email is sent the week of your volunteer shift that outlines available heat times, racing options, and a link to sign up in advance.
- Volunteer heats are pre-determined and vary per race.
- Please only select the heat that will allow you to complete your entire volunteer shift.
- Your bib can be claimed at Registration in the volunteer bib line. Bring a photo ID!
- You can also sign up on-site by registering at Registration in the Volunteer Bibs line.
- Prepare to pay the $16 administration fee and bring a photo ID.
Volunteer and save your code for a future event
- You MUST check out at the end of your shift with the Volunteer Coordinator to receive your future race code. If you do not complete your volunteer shift, you will not receive a future race code.
- Please expect to see your code in your Spartan account the Friday following race weekend.
- Login into your Spartan account or create one with the same email address you used for volunteer sign-up to access your race code!
- Once logged in:
- Hover over the personal circle icon
- Select “Orders”
- Select “View Race Orders”
- Find your Volunteer Race Credit and click "Copy" next to the redemption code.
- Once you are ready for race registration, paste your code where it says “Promo code”.
- Additional details:
- If you are racing before your volunteer shift, you DO NOT need to check in at the Volunteer Tent first. Go directly to registration.
- If you'd like to race in a heat not offered, you can request this with the registration staff, but it is not guaranteed.
- MERCHANDISE CODE (FULL DAY, LOAD IN, BUILD, OR LOAD OUT SHIFTS ONLY)
- US Volunteers only– If you volunteer for a load-in, build, or load-out shift outside race weekend, you will receive one- $50 merchandise code per shift.
- If you volunteer for a Full Day shift on race day, you will receive a $60 merchandise code.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: You MUST check out with the Volunteer Coordinator at the end of your shift to receive your perks! You will not receive these perks if you do not complete your entire volunteer shift.